Preschool at the Salem Family YMCA 2023 - 2024
Applications for 2023-2024 will open mid-June and will be posted here on the website and on our Facebook and Instagram accounts.
The Family YMCA of Marion and Polk Counties is excited to offer our licensed early childhood education programs at the new Salem Family YMCA for the 2023-2024 school year. Our nurturing and knowledgeable teachers teach the core character development traits of the YMCA: caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility.
- Provides learning opportunities and a variety of programs such as swimming, music, creative movement, and free play.
- Emphasizes social skills such as sharing, fair play, and getting along with others.
- Ensures Kindergarten preparation.
- Customizes programs to meet the needs of each individual child.
- Maintains a low child-to-staff ratio (10:1).
- Encourages parental involvement.
- Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Or half days (5 hours)
- PSP hours, 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- M-F full days: $800 - per month
- M-F half days: $425 - per month
- 3 full days: $500 - per month
- 3 half days: $275 - per month
(These prices are subject to change for the 23-34 school year.)
Sign Up For Preschool at the YMCA for 2023 - 2024
We will open applications mid-June, and the lottery will take place in July. We will notify families by the end of July. Our preschool runs year-round.
Health and Safety Procedures
All YMCA programs operate with thorough health safeguards to protect our students and staff members. Our team frequently disinfects program spaces and items, performs regular health checks, and makes sure all kids stay safe while learning and having fun.
In an uncertain time, it's important to us that parents feel their children will be safe and secure at our branches. Here's our procedures-
- Proof of current immunization is required to register.
- If your child is sick, please keep them at home. This includes symptoms such as fever, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, green mucus from the nose, stomachache, diarrhea, vomiting, rash, or not eating or drinking.
- All blankets and sheets are washed weekly.
- All toys and equipment are cleaned and sanitized 2 to 3 times a day.
- Restrooms are cleaned throughout the day.
- Children and staff wash their hands throughout the day.
We set up automatic payments for all families. We accept third-party payment and offer scholarships to qualifying families.