Preschool at the Salem Family YMCA
Opening at the Salem Family YMCA in 2022
The Family YMCA of Marion and Polk Counties looks forward to reopening our licensed early childhood education programs at the new Salem Family YMCA in 2022. Our nurturing and knowledgeable counselors teach the core character development traits of the YMCA: caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility.
- Provides learning opportunities and a variety of programs such as swimming, music, creative movement, and free play.
- Emphasizes social skills such as sharing, fair play, and getting along with others.
- Ensures Kindergarten preparation.
- Customizes programs to meet the needs of each individual child.
- Maintains a low child-to-staff ratio.
- Encourages parental involvement.
- Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Or half days, 8 a.m. to noon.
Sign Up For Our Preschool Interest List
Health and Safety Procedures
All YMCA programs operate with thorough health safeguards to protect our students and staff members. Our specially trained team helps practice social distancing, frequently disinfects program spaces and items, performs regular health checks, and makes sure all kids stay safe while learning and having fun.
In an uncertain time, it's important to us that parents feel their children will be safe and secure at our branches. Here's our procedures-
- Proof of current immunization is required to register.
- If your child is sick, please keep them at home. This includes symptoms such as fever, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, green mucus from the nose, stomachache, diarrhea, vomiting, rash, or not eating or drinking.
- Your child's temperature will be taken before entering the building for the day. Children's temperatures will also be taken several times throughout the day.
- All blankets and sheets are washed daily.
- All toys and equipment are cleaned and sanitized 2 to 3 times a day.
- Restrooms are cleaned after each child's use.
- Children and staff wash their hands throughout the day.
We set up automatic payments for all families. We accept third-party payment and offer scholarships to qualifying families.