More than a Gym. Join a Cause.
When you join the Y, you'll discover new ways to connect with your potential, purpose, and community. No matter where you are on your journey, you belong at the Y.
Already a member? Sign in to your account here or click My Account at the top of any page.
- No contract
- Free fitness classes
- Strength training and cardiovascular equipment
- Reduced program fees
- Free Child Watch service with a Family Membership (while parents are in the facility)
- Open court time
- Indoor and outdoor swimming pools
- Payment flexibility
- Nationwide membership -- your membership is good at more than 2,000 locations nationwide
- Guest passes
Joining the Y community is just a few clicks away!
- Read the Membership Agreement and Code of Conduct. By continuing the online membership registration process you are agreeing to these terms.
- Completed the online registration and payment.
- Bring your photo ID and proof of address to your local YMCA branch. We will take your picture and issue your card.
HEALTHY EMPLOYEES ARE HAPPY EMPLOYEES
As the nation's leading nonprofit committed to strengthening the community, we work side by side with local agencies, corporations, and organizations to improve the quality of life for employees and their families. Studies show that a strong sense of belonging correlates with higher job performance, lower turnover, and fewer sick days, all of which lead to bottom-line benefits. (Harvard Business Review, Dec. 2019)
At the Y, we know that improving health and well-being boosts employee engagement and productivity. In response to the uncertainty and isolation of this past year, we have launched creative new ways to connect and get healthy.
Health education, fitness assessment, service opportunities, and on-site virtual fitness classes are just a few ways to connect staff to one another and to better health. We have been strengthening youth and families supporting active lifestyles and healthy aging, and building community resilience for 175 years.
One Membership, All Locations
Travel for work but don't want to lose your fitness progress? Prefer the classes offered at another location? Want to have options to work out close to home and to work?
No problem. Now your membership means even more, thanks to the Y's Nationwide Membership. All YMCA members have access to all participating Ys in the US and Puerto Rico. Simply present your active YMCA membership card and photo ID at any participating YMCA and enjoy free access.
During the Covid-19 pandemic, many Ys are limiting access. Please call ahead.
Membership and Participant Code of Conduct
The YMCA is committed to providing a positive atmosphere that prioritizes safety and inclusivity for all in our community. The Family YMCA of Marion and Polk Counties has adopted a code of conduct to govern the actions and behavior of all people (members, volunteers, participants, visitors, vendors, and those we serve) while in Y facilities and while participating in Y programs.
Individuals are expected to:
- Uphold the Y core values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility.
- Provide an atmosphere free of derogatory or unwelcomed comments, conduct, or actions of a sexual nature, or actions based on an individual's gender, race, ethnicity, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
- Be respectful and cooperative with Y staff and others.
- Follow signs and use facilities and equipment with care.
- Support the Y brand in visual and verbal communications.
- Follow all Family YMCA of Marion and Polk Counties protocols related to preventative health measures and under the guidance and direction of the federal, state, and local authorities.
Requirements for maintaining COVID-19 health and safety standards:
- Individuals entering any Y facility or program are required to undergo temperature checks and health screening.
- Masks are required in all Y facilities and programs, except while exercising, or if prevented from doing so due to disability or health issues.
- Individuals should maintain a distance of no less than 6 feet from other individuals.
- Congregating in small groups is discouraged, however, it will be allowed provided there is appropriate social distancing and face coverings.
- Individuals are expected to sanitize equipment before and after use using provided cleaning supplies.
- Sweat towels, water bottles, and other personal belongings must always be kept with you.
- Stay home if you feel sick.
The following will NOT be tolerated at Y facilities and in Y programs:
- Abusive, harassing, or obscene language or gestures
- Threats of harm, physical aggression, or violent acts
- Weapons of any kind
- Smoking or vaping
- Damaging or defacing Y property
- Possession, sale, use, or being under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs
- Offensive or unlawful conduct
Individuals who experience or observe inappropriate conduct are encouraged to promptly report their concerns to the Y staff. Every effort will be made to ensure that reports are investigated and resolved promptly and effectively. Failure to follow this code of conduct will result in disciplinary actions, which may include immediate eviction from the premises, loss of privileges, suspension, or expulsion. The Y may contact security staff, police, or other authorities for assistance or to take appropriate legal action.
Thank you for your cooperation in prioritizing safety and creating a welcoming and positive environment for all people at the Y.